Back in the day...Taylor and I met each other while working at Abercrombie & Fitch. She was my manager, and she will tell you my
flaw as an employee was that I wore way too much makeup! Little did we know, I would be doing her makeup for her wedding one day.
Over the years, I have perfected the "Taylor" look: She has always favored bright pink gloss over anything else, and she loves having a little wing to her eyeliner. On the day of her engagement session, Taylor came prepared for her makeup application with an image she wanted me to recreate. My first instinct after seeing the images, was to apply Sasha Lashes by FAUX
. Definition is super important in photos, and the blend of black and brown makes Taylor's eyes stand out even from afar! Online classes
in cosmetology are available if you want to learn more tricks, tips, and trends.
My main goal was to give Taylor clean, flawless skin. You too can achieve perfect skin with these simple steps:
1. Primer was essential since the shoot was in San Francisco, so I first prepped the skin with a pea size of Laura Mercier's oil free
foundation primer (entire face).
2. For a soft glow, I blended Laura Mercier's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer in Natural Radiance
on her cheeks, under her eyes and a bit on the T-zone.
3. I used Benefit's Play stick
like a concealer and foundation.
4. To brighten under the eye, I used YSL's Touche Eclat #2
5. To perfect the skin, I pressed Dior's Airflash over her cheeks and a bit on the nose. (application demonstrated here
Since we went bold with the lashes, I kept the eyeshadow classic and sophisticated by using neutral tones.
1. Truth by Bare Escentuals (seen here
2. Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner (seen here
3. White eyeliner in the water line (like this one
I love this girl SO much...and I am so happy she is marrying Joey-He is one of the sweetest guys I know. I cannot wait for your wedding... thank you for allowing me to share in your memories on this special day.